Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Pad's been busy!!

Wow, this blogging stuff takes real commitment! I've been wanting to sit down for days and post, but time slips away so quickly every day. You know God tells us that our "time is sufficient" to get everything done. He is certainly (and always) right; it's just that I always try to garner more time in a day!! Luckily God knows best! He knows that if I had 40 hours in a day, I'd abuse that gift with too much to do in that extended time. Sigh. I am so thankful to my source of strength and joy, that He would care about even the minutes in my hours. AND He lets me find a minute or two to make a card! Here's some of my latest creations!

This is a emboss resist card that I made with stamps from CHF (Stained Glass BGer and Large Daisy Detail stamps). I used Stampin' Up inks barely banana, only orange, ruby red, tempting turquoise, lovely lilac and ballet blue as well as clear and black detail embossing powder on Versamark ink. Cardstock is SU whisper white and basic black, Current Inc. designer paper. The button is from my button box and the embroidery floss from my cross-stitching days (probably DMC). A great tutorial by Keri Sereika is on CHF forum. Try it out! It's easy!

This is another card, unfortunately made from necessity, as we had an old friend pass from this earth unexpectedly this week. I made this card for the family. This is one of my favorite SU stamp sets, Close as a Memory. I love the sentiments. I also used versamark on the background and flowers, and Pearl Ex on the flowers. Ink colors for the sentiment were in Elegant Eggplant. I'm pretty sure the cardstock was plum and lilac colors from SU, but they were in a pile of scraps, so you'll have to take my word for it :)

If you can stand one more creation in the bunch, here is my first attempt at coloring one of the Thomas Kinkade images from CHF. I only have one stamp and this one is called "Wish Cottage". I actually stamped and colored it a week ago, but I found it takes me that long to like it well enough to share it with others who dare to venture onto my post! It's inked in Ranger's Distress ink, Walnut stain (also from CHF) and colored with Crayola colored pencils.


Well that's the time I have for today...and it's really tomorrow! Eeek! My daughter leaves for a week at a Christian Youth Camp tomorrow (um...today! :) and I've got to get rested up for the trip! (Read: the goodbye!) Have a blessed Sunday everyone!




2 comments:

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)