Monday, October 8, 2007

enJoying the Day!

Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving to Canadian Friends! It's a beautiful weekend and I hope all of you are enjoying a day off and family time! We have a soccer game tonight with my daughter playing under the lights, which is always more exciting (plus the concessions usually have salt potatoes! YUM!).

Here's a card using CHF's Stamp of the Month for September. It's actually a birthday card for a friend, but it works for Thanksgiving, too....obviously!! :) I colored it like I used to in grade school....we always had a turkey with fall colored feathers! The background paper is actually for an adverstisement for our health insurance company! LOL! And behind the turkey, I used a piece of paper with the faux wood grain technique I learned on Splitcoast stampers. Cardstock is all SU Chocolate chip, twill tape and hodgepodge hardware is stampin' up as well. The leaf is actually from Walmart's Harvest holiday trim :) Isn't that turkey so CUTE?



It was world cardmaking day on Saturday, but I was at a craft show all day. I made up for it on Sunday evening though. I've been stamping some Stamping Bella stamps off for an image swap....Bellas are so fun and sassy and I love sharing them with online friends who love bellas, too! If you've never been to Em's Stamping bella site, check it out here! Below are some of my images I'm trading. Grumpabella is my favorite...although there are so many adorable ones!





I also made a card from an image that was sent to me. That's what I love about swapping images... you get to use a particular image even if you don't have the stamp itself!

This card is for my friend Betty's b'day. We are having a girl's only party on Thursday night. Betty has FIVE BOYS and she needs to be pampered! ;)




The image is Flowahbella and the designer paper is from SU's Palette o' Prints. I also received the Prima flowers from Wish RAK, a forum of Splitcoast stampers where you grant and receive image wishes! So fun! Of course, she has to be a redhead! (should I have added a little grey? Nah!)


Oh! I have to go! Soccer game!!

Enjoy the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)