Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Soggy, yet Eternal Joy

Well, it's a soggy night to be leaping, but praise God Joy is eternal and not dependent on our circumstances!

Tough evening. Our soccer girls played in POURING COLD rain tonight for the class title and lost after tieing the game, overtime, sudden death overtime, a shootout and finally a sudden death shootout with an ending 4 goals to 3. They played their hearts out for a third run to the state championships and just didn't make it! They remain the defending state champs from last year, but the opponent goes on to state play this time! Well, hope is eternal and I am confident that they will have a GREAT chance to go back next year! So we end the season with the this year's Division and Sectional titles for the class. Not a bad set of plaques :) The girls are sorely disappointed but nothing keeps them down for long!

On the down side, we had snow at work today. You know, I just can never feel ready for snow!!! And we hardly get any here compared to some of my stamping friends out west! Sigh. As if 100" a year isn't enough....pah!! More lake effect is predicted at work (higher elevation, that!) tomorrow. Thank goodness I live in the valley!




While I can, I'm taking time to post three things. One is a pic my hubby took on the river here in Letchworth Park. He's an avid canoeist and this trip was one of his trek and paddles a few weeks ago. Isn't it fabulous?! They call our park the "grand canyon" of the East. If you're ever in the neighborhood, let me know! We live less than a mile from the park and I'd love to show you 'round!



The other two things?? Shhhhh...don't tell her....but my friend Erin is getting married next weekend. We are having a shower for her at work on Thursday. Here are the card and a purse card I made for the gift cards we're giving her from the group! The purse card project is on my stamping buddy Keri Sereika's blog, Pink Lemonade. Try it out! Her tutorials are smashingly good!!

I used patterned paper from Current and my Autism Awareness set from Gina K Love you to Pieces. The embellishments are SU stitched ribbon in chocolate chip and the buttons are from my button box! Inside the sentiment "A perfect fit!" is stamped from the same set. I calligraphered their names. It opens in the center, obviously, so you can see I had to use an acrylic block to hold the card closed for the picture. It is flatter now :) I needed the card to be big so everyone who donated to the gift can fit their well wishes! I'm so excited for her!



They are a young, adorable couple and they are ready to take on the world together. Nothing's as good as a friend you can count on to be there forever...it's especially sweet when that person is your spouse!



Isn't this purse adorable? The paper is some I received from a Wish RAK and I'm not sure but it may be SU. The top flap is actually stamped with SU creamy caramel and chocolate chip ink and an SU basic backgrounder stamp. Matches well, doesn't it? Oh, and the ribbon is choco chip too! You can see on Keri's tutorial that you can glue a little pocket inside to hold a gift card if that's what you want. I'm going to make two more for the party...I'll show them to you when I can!

Hey! Enjoy the week the Lord has set before us! He will be with us in sunny or soggy weather. He promises! Be well and totally blessed!!!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Kim it is FAB!!!! Thanks for sharing and letting me know that you had done one!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purse! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)