Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sketching with JOY!

Welcome, sisters of the stamper's blog! Thanks for all you nice comments! First, I want to share some cards I talked about making in an earlier post. I was following a sketch provided in a stamper's blog I follow, Kurtis Admundson. He is an amazing designer and his cards always make me happy :) Here is my take on his sketch...Hey, check out his blog while you're online!

Kim

I think this is my favorite one of these two, although the more I look at the cards the more I like both of them equally! I used a black card base...I know...so NOT me! But my aunt gave me an AWESOME assortment of random stationary stuff and in it there was a batch of black base cards. I wanted to use this Martha Stewart ribbon I got at Michael's (50% off after Christmas! SCORE!) so I thought it might look classy to put it on black. I used SU's real red ink and the Baroque Motif set I've been DYING to use for months. Adding a diamond brad in the center of the flower and two black brads on either side finished it nicely, don't you think?? I love clean lines!
Do you think I should add something else?



Now this card, I decided, needed that bohemian touch...and Baroque Motif works for that feel too! I earned this paper at my last SU party; it came in a scrapping kit Happy Me, I think....this Soft sky textured paper is so pretty! It's the subtlest of blues...it almost looks grey here, but the blue is obvious in "real life". All the stamps are from the set with the exception of the 'so' which are clear stamps from an alphabet set I also bought at Michael's. The corner was dying for an embellishment, so I added a prima flower and then punched the blue flower from the bordering blue color cardstock and ink I used to layer the kind image and as the contrast strip and flourish ink. A sky blue brad pulls it together. I distressed the edges of the paper with my bone folder (I don't have a distressing tool....YET!! :) I love blurry lines :)
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like these both!! The first one has a ver striking and vibrant tone to it while the second one has a softer soothing feeling. You did a wonderful job on both of them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)