Saturday, March 22, 2008

JOYfully creating again!

Hi again!
I promised some cards and here are the ones I've had time for! I know! I said I'd create all day Thursday, but it just didn't happen! My prep for my grad class just took SOOOOOO long! All of Thursday and most of Friday! But it is finished, Praise God! Then I was INSISTENT on some time on Friday night...Also during the day, I went prom dress shopping with my girl....nothing good AND affordable! :( So when we got home, I sat at my table and just created! Even when my hubby got home, he made an AMAZING dinner of Salsa and Pesto Salmon with yellow rice and authentic corn tortillas...YUM! And still I sat and worked....so here are the fruits of my labor! (Okay two of three anyhow! I'll save one for tomorrow!) Enjoy!


This breezy card was done using Clear Artistic Stamps Country Life set. Belinda creates these stamps with such a flair for nature and all things pretty. I actually wove this ribbon from some spring colored ribbons sent to me by my SBS sister Suzann. I had to weave it many times to get it just right....and then I just couldn't cover it up! I stamped onto acetate and used my copics to color it in a little. Then I mounted it onto the buttons so it would look kind of 3D...you can see it better in "real life" but I love how it came out! I have been feeling so claustrophobic with all this paperwork, so the sentiment was JUST RIGHT! I will keep it on my desk to make me happy and take time to create! Gotta do it to stay sane, right, sisters??


And this is another card for my SBS sister Gina's sketch. I have been struggling to find a good backdrop for this egg image for WEEKS. Then I suddenly was struck with the idea to tie a bow around the egg and then...poof! The card was so quick and easy (boiled though, not over easy! LOL!!) When I found this DP that perfectly matched the ribbon, I was sooooo excited! See the little flower brad? Suzann sent it to me along with the pretty ribbons and egg image (colored with my copics weeks ago!). The brads are flocked! I love them....I want to use them all right away, they are so pretty in real life.

And with this card, I wanted to let all of my subscribers (all 15 of you according to my blogger account and all 20 SBS sisters!) that YOU MAKE ME HAPPY! You have no idea how much! Although I have only had a moment or two to check blogs everyday...I have had you on my mind a lot! Thanks for being there! What a blessing you are!!

Okay...I gotta go clean house for dinner tomorrow....my boy is coming home from college with his girlfriend and we are eating my DH's wonderful yummy dinner....so cleaning is next on my list! Then I have to practice for a song I am signing in church tomorrow morning...Via Delarosa, if you are familiar with it....Then hopefully, MORE STAMPING TIME!

Life is GOOD!
Be well and blessed!
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Kim! Enjoy your Easter day! God be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards, hope you and your family have a very happy Easter Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Hope you had a lovely Easter. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)