Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My sketch is up!! Try it for a challenge! And a prize!!

THIS POST WILL REMAIN ON TOP! SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MY MOST RECENT BLOG ENTRY!!!
My turn! This is the SBS9 challenge sketch for the month of July. Use the sketch to create a card, then comment on this blog post with a link to your blog or a card gallery where the card is posted!



Here's my take on the sketch card!!


AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I made my sketch and card red, white and blue!! You can follow ANY COLOR scheme!



I will send out TWO prizes! One prize goes to an SBS9 sister and the other prize goes to a NON-SBS9 card maker....and you will have a few extra weeks to get your card into the "drawing" as I will be out of country July 30 until August 11th. I promise to give out prizes when I come back! So get creative!!

This post will stay at the top of my blog for the month of July so you can find it easily. Be sure to scroll down to see my latest posts!

This is my first ever sketch challenge...I don't have any of those fancy graphics programs, so I used my computer's Paint program...it's very NOT user friendly so forgive the off center shapes. Someday I'll have to get photo shop or whatever it is everyone uses...I can't even get it to make a water mark to put "on" my cards...sigh. Poor me, huh!? ;)

Oh! The card's images are Cornish Heritage Farms. They have the greatest images and this is from Kim Hughes' America the Beautiful Collection.

17 comments:

  1. You know I'm in. I could stand to win some goodies. Being on a stamp diet is no fun. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketch! I have never done a sketch challenge - so this will be a first...
    ((()))reen

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is simply adorbale Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GREAT, Kim!!! Off to try the sketch!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kimmie,

    Here's my cards:

    http://forums.cornishheritagefarms.com/pp/showphoto.php/photo/11455

    This was fun and easy! Thanks, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a first try - this is a great sketch! I love that little patriotic eagle image. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb sketch! Don't worry....I would have to use un-fancy graphics, too, and there is nothing wrong with that. Ya did a great job! Love your example card, too!

    Have a great day!
    Wendy
    SBS9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch, Kim! I hope to have time to play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's ME doing all the deleting! I cannot get this link to work!

    Anyway, this is a great sketch and I really enjoyed working on it.

    So, here is my last attempt at a link:

    http://ladydoc-tiltingatwindmills.blogspot.com/2008/07/another-sketch-challenge.html

    If this one doesn't work you'll just have to do the boring copy/paste thing and know that I TRIED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch Kim Marie. I would have to hand draw one, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it on the computer LOL! Great card too!

    Katie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sketch, will have to try and find time to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's the link to my gallery at SCS.

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/987232?cat=500&ppuser=136268

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sketch!!! I'm off to create!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I uploaded mine - the picture is lousy - I'm sorry - great sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)