Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Wedding attended :)

I forgot to mention that one of the things we've done since Thanksgiving! We attended the wedding of a daughter of our very good friends, the Hulls. Their daughter Kelly is like a family member, as our kids have grown up together and our DHs were scout leaders together! I wanted to post the pictures of the wedding album pages I put together for her shower gift...I guess you can call it a scrapbook, but really, it's just a series of 20 card fronts put into a post album....all she needs to do is add the pictures!! I've done about six of these so far for brides and new moms...they always love them :) I'll spread the pix out over several posts so you can tell me what you think! {Oh! the cover above was made with a card I did not make myself, but that I received in a Cornish Heritage Farms card swap I did a long time ago...sorry I don't know which wonderful woman made the card...I just used it for the cover! The designs on the cover are from Cornish Heritage Farms wonderful images!!}
Now, here is a fun image...the mice I received from an image swap with my SBS9 sisters and I believe they are Penny black :) Love PB! The little sentiment is from PTI's Little Lady set.

This was one of my favorites....using Stampin' Up's old designer cardstock, some SU Rub ons and some clips from SU's hodgepodge hardware, these pages went together lickety-split!

I totally fell in love with this next page...the first one in the wedding album! I used the DP from Papertreyink's gorgeous patterned paper series First Fruits; the Unity Sticker I received from one of SBS9 sisters and I finished it off with some of that delicious SU ribbon in Red Riding Hood with gold trim!! I thought the knot was a perfect "embellishment" for a page about being united!

The best part about making these albums is that I always make each one different, specific to whomever I am making the album for...in this case, Kelly and Charlie are all about farm and country (they had each guest table at the wedding named for a different tractor!) and Kelly's dad is a dairy farmer so she grew up on a farm! As I make the album I enjoy the time spent thinking of that person...it's so much more special to me that way! Hope you enjoyed the first peeks...more to come!

Be blessed today!!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kim Marie, what a wonderful gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back, Kim! Lovely idea for the albums. love the wedding card too :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)