Monday, October 12, 2009

Piece, Baby :)

I love language :) Don't you?!

In case you're wondering, though, my post title refers to Paper piecing...a fun technique and a personal favorite of mine because it always looks so cool ;) My friend Pam and friends have started a new Just Us Girls challenge blog and this is my 1st entry into it. I was glad the first challenge involved a technique I love! One of the little extras in the challenge was to include the color pink in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month. I am honored to do so and this card is for my friend Wendy....she is battling this evil disease for the second time. So for Wendy and all those of you affected by breast cancer in one way or another...tada!

Image and sentiment from Gina K Design Little Tees Stamp set, DP is Basic Grey Euphoria and CS: SU In colors 09

May God bless you today and always!

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and I hope your friend is doing well. Such sad news to hear it's come back a second time...once is enough! Thanks for playing our challenge and we hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Marie - You came - You played! :-) :-) :-) I love that. AND you took the challenge to heart by making something to honor a friend who is battling the big C. Prayers to her. I hope your card makes her smile. I love your paper piecing and most of all that you came to play along with Just Us Girls!!! Hope you'll join us again. Don't you think it's time for a cruise!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big {{HUGS}} for you & some for your friend too. I love your card -- and I'm sure it will be really meaningful to your friend.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week --

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just perfect for Wendy! I will keep her in my prayers!!

    Love how you paper pieced the tee shirt...it's so sweet! Great color combo also!

    Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls this weekend! Hope to see you Saturday for a fab color challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job, very sweet of you! Thanks so much for playing with Just THe Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your paper pieced Breast Cancer Awareness paper pieced t-shirt & the JUGS blinkie on your sidebar! Thanks for playing along with the Just Us Girls Challenge! I hope to see many more of your creations in the upcoming challenges! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim Marie! I knew there was a reason for me to stop by your blog tonight! Your card is absolutely lovely (I love paper piecing, too!!) and I am touched that you have included me in the comments about why you made it. Thank you so much for posting about breast cancer on your blog....that really means the world to me.

    {Hugs} to you, my friend!
    Wendy
    SBS9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors and wonderful idea with Mels set. Way to rock the JUGS challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)