Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh my! Mid January....what?!


Hard to believe, but it is almost mid-January! I mean, I know my tree is still up (it's so GREEN still, I can't bear to put it out to pasture yet!!) and I know it's still winter (snow can go now, you know!) and I know we've already had two snowdays from school, but I just can't believe it's gone by so fast! Can't this next week last for a few weeks?! {I have to start teaching college next week! I'm not ready!!!}
This card is a thank you to some friends of mine, but I didn't design it, Julie Stanton designed it at CHF! It was a Stamp of the Month set from Cornish Heritage Farms a few years ago and this is the card that was on the cover of the stamp set. Well, almost. I didn't have the same fabric background stamp so I used what I had. And I embossed the pine bough with clear embossing powder and old olive ink because I wanted it glossy. As she did, I used a white gel pen for the snow. I liked how it turned out!
In the next few posts, you will see a few more creations I made with this set, as I borrowed it from my generous friend Ann, and I thought I'd make good use of the images while I have a chance! :) Thank you Ann!
Have a blessed end of week!! I'll be blog hopping soon!!
PS PLEASE PRAY FOR HAITI AND ITS PEOPLE...we have missionary friends there....they are safe but it is a tremendous disaster and they need help! So many lost. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Great card Kim Marie, the gel pen snow is a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful- I love Julia- she is one of the first stampers I found on SCS that I adored her work! Your card is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card and I just love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card! I like the white pen on the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combo. Is there any color that doesn't like red? Here in Florida we don't usually appreciate snow. We don't get it, have it, want it! But your little bit of 'snow' on your bough looks inviting. KWIM? ooxoo joanne sbs29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim Marie & what a lovely sentiment :o) Time definitely goes too quickly doesn't it?

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)