Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So faux, so good ;)

A new technique in this project, another Thank-you card to a friend who gave me an unexpected surprise a few weeks ago at church. My friend Mary gifted me with a beautiful Kermit green leather bible cover (you don't think it CAME from Kermit do you?!? Tee hee!!) that she saw and thought of me! It was such a wonderful surprise gift, made even more special as it was a big cover, which it had to be because I have a bilingual Spanish-English bible and it's HUGE. I have been blessed to be a missionary to Mexico on many occasions and need to have both languages available for services and ministry. It's hard to find the perfect size cover and it even has handles to carry it easily...even better!

Once I thought about the TY, though, I knew I had to use the "faux leather" technique showcased over at Splitcoaststampers a few weeks ago. I just adapted it to a card, rather than a wallet. You'll need a cuttlebug, Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, along with the rest of the supplies, all of which I had on hand. It was so easy, I plan to make more of these cards, and maybe even teach the technique in a class. How fun! Check out the tutorial HERE and try it for yourself!
Have a blessed week!!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic- I have seen pictures of these- looks great in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is really cool. I like the technique and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Kim Marie, you did a great job :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!!! awesome job!!! I applaud you
    *´¨)SBS29 Sisters
    ¸.•-:¦:-♥•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´HUGS *¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    (¸-:¦:-♥(¸.•´ *Ronnie.•*´¨ ) ¸.•*¨) -:¦:-♥
    ♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)