I've has some nice days off in the beginning of this glorious two week vacation! I'm proud to announce that every plastic bowl in my cupboards has
a lid and every lid has a matching bowl!! I know, you laugh! But this pantry issue has been driving me crazy and now I have solved it! Even with the sun shining and some 50 degree weather, I am rejoicing in an organized pantry!
I have also had more time to reflect on the wonderful things God blesses me with every day! My top five this week:
1. My bible...such wonders inside! Praise God, I am free to read it without fear of secret police knocking at my door in persecution! I am thankful and keep my brothers and sisters in Christ around the world in prayer, as some of them are under this atmosphere of persecution every day!
2. A hot shower! Oh how I love to stand, eyes
closed under the hot water....I have taken many a cold, fast shower on the mission field...sometimes with just a dribble of water coming from a tap....how blessed I am!
3. Laughter. I love to laugh, listen to others laugh and laugh at myself. Laughter makes me happy and it's free!!! I just had to use the sentiment on the card above to post this week. Laughter heals and comforts. Praise God for laughter! (the card is April's sketch for the CAS forum).
4. Sisters. I have three biological sisters. I love them to bits. We all have 'K' names and I love that connection, too. My sister Kelly sent me a card for my bday.... The front has a older sister withholding the remote from her baby sister saying, "because I'm older"...." and it says, "When we were kids, you always reminded me that you were older" and the inside verse: "Now I'm just returning the favor!" Isn't she funny?! I can only imagine what I might get from Kristy and Kori....
I am thankful for my SBS sisters as well; they have given me so much encouragement! They are a connection around the world. I am also thankful for my sisters in friendship as well as my sisters in Christ. We are towers of strength for one another and certainly they one of my favorite sources of laughter!
5. Jesus Christ. How can I thank Him enough? He has blessed me with everything I have and everything I am! He really is my #1 all the time. If you don't yet have Him as your best friend, think about it and give it a shot. You WILL NOT be disappointed! Praise God for a Savior who loves me unconditionally.
My SBS sister, Manna, had this link on her blog...it tells you what your birthday scripture is depending on the date of your big day. As my big 45 is going to be on April 16th, I thought I'd share mine here:
Hebrews 4:16 NIV Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
You are a child of God, His treasured possession. He created you in His own image. He chose the day for you to be born. He has a plan and a purpose for your life.
Can you say AMEN!!?? Well, I can! AMEN!! If you want to see your birth verse, click here:
Hey, have a great Thursday! I think I may get some stamping in today...if so, I'll post!
What is God blessing you with today? Feel free to comment and let me know! I'll be happy to rejoice with you!! And do me a favor today: Laugh your socks off, will ya??!