Wednesday, February 13, 2019

GROWING IN UINITY DAY 3: Challenged and Blessed!

I love a creative challenge! A friend at church asked if I could possibly make a recipe card to give as a gift for her sister, using a recipe that she loved. Of course, I said YES! I also remembered that I had a UNITY stamp measuring cup that would work PERFECTLY for it (that's how I find their images to be....the littlest touch to make a project SHINE)! It was from a Unity Stampin' Store Kit that I got many years ago called 100% Happy...my first big Unity set. There's nothing like a differently sized canvas to get the creative juices flowing! Not saying it was too much work, but it took me a while to make it all fit the way I envisioned it.  She was happy with it though....hope you like it too! ;)



A second project for today was a card for a friend whom I have known for over 30 years! We lived in the same dorm in college and although we live 5 hours apart, we have stayed in touch for all these years! We went to a show recently to see and meet a movie star whose movies we had obsessed over in college (can you say Lloyd Dobler??). This snapshot of us was taken at the event! We had such a great time and I wanted her to remember it, so I made this shaker card! She told me it now sits on her desk at work! Mission accomplished!

The background stamp is in the set Faith Sees Beauty (8/18 KOTM) and the sentiment is from Blessed Fall (9/18 KOTM). The photo frame is from another Unity set, Inta-Live, Love, Dream and I used Unity's Aurora sequins for the shaker...they are sooooo  beautiful!



Be blessed and willing to challenge yourself today! Try a new papercraft technique or yummy recipe! You are AMAZING!

Don't forget to make a comment on my posts all week to win some UNITY booty! See you tomorrow!!

Kim Marie

34 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to share a recipe It is a keepsake card they will enjoy every time they bake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards so precious and unique. Love the shaker card with your friend, it's so inspirational and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable. Love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful cards! I love them both. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome and will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are lovely. The recipe card is my favorite. Great inspiration.-Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the recipe card!!! What a great idea!!!! and the Blessed card is gorgeous! Great job!! I am so enjoying your week, I hope you are having fun! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a wonderful recipe card. It's just darling. Love all the details and seeing stamps used in different ways. And how fun to share such a wonderful event together. One of my favorite movies/stars too! Just a beautiful card that captured such a cherished memory. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! I love the apron stamp and would be so awesome on a card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both. I would have never thought to put a photo in a shaker card. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with the recipe. That is one card that won’t get lost. Love the shaker card too, that gives me an idea for Father’s Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are super cute. What a great way to make a recipe card. Sure to be cherished by the recipient

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great ideas shared today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea for a recipe cards and the shaker card with a real photo in it makes a perfect remembrance for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is simply the cutest thing!!!! Thank you for telling us the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun recipe card! I love the apron! Love the picture shaker card too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your recipe card such a great layout for it. I'm sure your friend was thrilled with the card documenting such a fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both cards both, the one with recipe such a great idea for friends who like to cook....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool idea with the photo shaker. Love the recipe card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fancy recipe card -so pretty!! What a fun way to share your photo with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful projects- love the recipe card. The card for your friend is so cool- just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it recipe card what a great idea. I have a perfect Unity Stamp for this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice and so thoughtful! I love to see friendship stand the test of time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The recipe card is very cute. It is great you share your talent with others. The photo shaker is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Having good friends is the best, but when they love the things you do so much that they ask you to do something special for them, well, let’s just say that is the icing on the cake! Love these projects! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can never go wrong with a good shaker card!-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I had to go look at that KOM. I love your background on the blessed card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Would love to do the recipe card idea for a bridal shower gift. Great personal touch.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)