Monday, February 11, 2019

GROWING IN UNITY DAY 1: Influences


Hello there and welcome to my Day One of my week for Growing in Unity! I'm excited that you are here! My project for my first post is a set I made for my Aunt's birthday! She is a very special woman in my life....she helped raise my brother and sisters and me with my grandmother early on in my life! I honor her for sacrificing so much for us at only 19 years of age, working and supporting all of us! She will forever be one of my favorite people...and I wanted her to know it! The honey was locally grown and included in this sweet set is a spoon I bought from a girl raising $$ for a mission trip to Haiti! 


As you can see, I used several Unity stamps from the April 2018 Kit of the Month, Eyes of the Beholder. I don't like bees in real life, but for some reason, I ADORE them in stamped images. And I love honey! It reminds me of the scripture in Proverbs 16:24: 


Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

The encouraging words my Aunt and Grandmother spoke over us as children were sweet and healing as well! I pray that you all have influencers in your lives that make a difference!

Ready to win some UNITY Stamps? GREAT!  Be sure to comment on each post this week and I will choose TWO of you to win a Unity Grab bag! I'd love some encouragement! For great inspiration, also check out the Unity blog, FB pages and Growing in Unity page! Blessings!
Kim Marie

37 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift. So thoughtful I am sure she will love it. The colors are beautifl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and label!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome gift! I love it!!! Love this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this is such a beautiful gift for your aunt. It's wonderful that you have a n aunt who cares for you. My mom always quoted this verse to us! Words can either lift up or tear down, so I say lift up as much as possible! Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea!! It’s wonderful that you had 2 great women to step into the gap for you and your siblings. Great job! PS I feel the same as you about bees. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love when cards are made to honor special people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift for a special person. She'll love it. I love the purple and yellow together, all the stamps you used, and a great design with a perfect scripture. Just a wonderful set. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this stamp and I love it. Thank you for a fresh look. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way about bees. Don't like them in real life but love stamped images of them. Lol . great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very 🐝-utiful! Love the color combination as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the gifts and card all go together. It is a really "sweet" idea and story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a special gift! I love it. I'm looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely gift set, the bee is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card! The sentiment is awesome and love the combination of colors. The honey jar is so cute too! L

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely project for your aunt! I am sure she will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. Love how they match!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet card, it's so cute. Love the honey jar and the sentiment. Hope your week is wonderful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful projects! What an absolutely sweet write up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so pretty! Love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card and gift! I just got that bee in a grab bag at Christmas and am looking for ideas to use it! Thanks for sharing your lovely crafts and personal story! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The yellow and purple is so pretty. What a lovely gift set. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love not only the color choices used but more so the Unity Stamp set you used to create with. Great beginning of week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bee is one of my favorite stamps and the set you made is adorable. Love that spoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a thoughtful gift! Totally adorable!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful gift! Congrats on being GIU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet gift--love the bee theme and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this!!!!! I have the same stamp... need to use it soon! You're a very thoughtful person to have made this! I worked your blog week backwards and loved every post!!
    Charmaine Canham

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your kindness! You made a great gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So darn cute! Perfect gift with kindness tucked inside. Thank you for getting us “off the paper” so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bees and honeycomb... there is nothing wrong with either of these. GAH!-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that scripture! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree, bees in real life? Eek! Stamps? Very cute. I hope she likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments for me! I love to hear from you! Have a blessed day!! :)